Acne on the face is a problem everyone has had at least once in life. It is difficult to find a person who would not have experienced this problem and did not seek effective means of combating such pathology. The pharmacy sells a lot of medineces, both expensive and cheap, that try to eliminate the rash on the face for a short period of time and improve the condition of the skin. In this article, we will present you a list of good, effective ointments as well as other alternatives to Accutane from acne.
In order for a quality anti-acne ointment to be effective, it should perform the following functions:
• Disinfect the skin.
• Dry the inflammation.
• Have anti-inflammatory properties.
• Possess bactericidal and bacteriostatic action.
• Accelerate wound healing and tissue regeneration.
• Do not induce allergies. It should be well-tolerated by the body.
• Do not have a toxic effect.
A good ointment has a full range of such useful properties. The ointment consists of a base, which is made in such a way that it is not completely absorbed by the skin, but remains on its surface for a long time. That is why therapeutic pharmacy ointments are never applied to the face and body with a continuous layer, like a cream. The main active ingredient and additional components are involved. In general, for the treatment of acne, drugs with antibacterial properties based on anti-inflammatory substances, antibiotics and sulfonamides are used.
The best ointments for acne perfectly handle the problem, do not have side effects when applied correctly, have a minimum number of contraindications and are perfectly perceived by the skin without provoking allergies and clogging the pores.
• Zinc and salicylic-zinc ointment: This is the most well-known inexpensive ointment from red spots from acne. The active ingredient is zinc oxide, which acts as a disinfectant and dries the purulent pimples well. Under its influence, traces of acne dissipate much more quickly, and pustules dry up without leaving scars. It is applied punctually, it can provoke an allergy. It is forbidden to use too much time and for large areas of the skin, as it can provoke an ugly, unnatural cyanosis. It is often used with salicylic acid in the composition. This remedy enhances the exfoliation of the skin, which virtually eliminates the formation of rough scars.
• Synthomycin emulsion: This ointment contains an antibiotic synthomycin and is an antibacterial agent for external use. By virtue of its action, it copes well with suppurating, inflamed acne, especially if they are on a large area and provoke an acute reaction of the skin. The emulsion of synthomycin rapidly penetrates the skin and eliminates even old foci of infection. However, the body gets used to the use of the drug, and the bacteria develop immunity to it, so they should not be abused.
The most important advantage of using antibiotics in acne is the fact that, even with prolonged and severe forms, in most cases they are guaranteed to help significantly alleviate the disease and improve the appearance of the skin. But there are other advantages of treating acne with antibiotics. For example: A large range of means. In other words, antibiotics can be both external (ointments, gels, creams) and internal (tablets, injections).
After consultation with a dermatologist, you can determine the optimal form and dosage for the product. Or, if necessary, abandon one drug (which, for example, caused an allergy) and use another one. Antibiotics are quite fast. For example, erythromycin (an antibiotic from the macrolide group), which is part of many potent creams and acne vulgaris, is able, with an average degree of acne, to clear the skin of acne for almost a few days.
True, this is not the final victory over the disease, but its apparent part. It is not necessary, but it is likely that by exposing "heavy artillery" against acne in the form of an antibiotic, you will kill a couple of infections, which you didn't know about.
There are several options for taking tablets – by mouth and apply on the skin topically. Internal antibiotics are prescribed by a doctor:
• Streptocide: The most famous and effective drug is streptocide. This medicine is widely used to treat acne. You just need to crush the tablet, mix it with a little water and apply it with a match to the problem areas.
• Furacilin: This is a very aggressive antibiotic that will help get rid of purulent pimples and acne in just a few days.
• Ampicillin: Another option of suitable antibiotics that is sold without a prescription is Ampicillin. This is probably the most effective remedy for acne. In contrast to doxycycline, teeth do not turn yellow, in addition, its antimicrobial properties are excellent for various catarrhal diseases of the dermis. The application is the same as all the above tablets - grind, dilute with boiled water and apply to the wound or pimple. It is very important to use these antibiotics from acne on the face only locally.
• Vaporization: The procedure consists in a unique steaming of the face with the aid of a vaporizer device.
This is somewhat reminiscent of a home air humidifier, from which steam flows. Only in this case - steam is combined with ozone. It is believed that this helps to freshen the fading skin. Many people believe that vaporization eliminates acne. Under the influence of steaming, the skin gives off moisture, so the negative side of this procedure will be severe dehydration of the facial skin. That is why vaporization is contraindicated to owners of excessively dry skin type.
• Vacuum cleaning: Cleaning is carried out in several stages and is absolutely painless. First, the skin is treated with special substances that are considered harmless to humans. The composition does not affect the acid-base balance of the skin. This is the first stage of cleaning. The next step is to break the pores. Experts use lotion, and not a vaporizer for these purposes. Lotion has a warming effect, which has a beneficial effect on the skin and perfectly reveals the pores. Then proceed to the main stage of the procedure. Use for this purpose the device with a glass nozzle. It works on the principle of a vacuum cleaner. The nozzle is attached to the face and begins to draw from the pores of the face comedones and pimples. Only the upper layer of the epidermis is affected.
• Dermabrasion: Another painful procedure aimed at fighting the effects of acne - spots, scars. Patients with dermabrasion are subjected to local anesthesia and begin to clean the face with a special brush, as a result of which you remove the entire upper layer of the facial skin. Because of severe pain during the procedure, anesthesia is given.
• Darsonval (electrotherapy): Darsonval is named after the physiologist Arsene D'Arsonval. It passes through itself a charge of a current of high frequency that promotes narrowing of vessels, the purulent pimples and stagnant maculae resolve.
• Mesotherapy: The procedure has many positive reviews but experts do not give an unambiguous assessment of its effectiveness. The bottom line is to handle the chemical components under the skin. As you can see, there are many alternatives to Accutane, however, it is considered as more effective remedy for acne treatment.